Outdoor Interiors has adopted the following Minimum Advertised Price (“MAP”) Policy, which is applicable to all U.S. and Canadian dealers, sales representatives, distributors, retailers, and resellers, otherwise referred to as “Sellers”. Outdoor Interiors has also put this MAP Policy in order to promote the quality of or our brand, preserve individual pricing decisions, and maintain a fair business environment for all Sellers. The MAP Policy will allow us to continue providing the highest quality products and service to our customers and Sellers. It also protects our brick & mortar dealer partners who have been loyal and hard working for many years.
Minimum Advertised Price Guideline:
The current product catalog and listing of products are published on the Outdoor Interiors price list and available upon request. The price list may be changed from time to time at the sole discretion of Outdoor Interiors. Outdoor Interiors Sellers are responsible for remaining current with MAP policy, products and pricing. Any advertisement below the MAP will be a violation of the policy.
Policy Coverage for Online Sales:
This MAP policy also covers all Outdoor Interiors Sellers that retail online. Retailers remain free to establish their own resale prices. We will, without assuming any liability, unilaterally determine whether a retailer has failed to adhere to this MAP policy. Outdoor Interiors will not discuss any conditions of acceptance related to this MAP policy (without full written consent by Outdoor Interiors), as it is non-negotiable, and will not be altered for any seller. Nothing in the MAP policy or in any other contract or agreement with Outdoor Interiors shall constitute an agreement between us and retailer that the retailer will comply with this MAP policy.
MAP Policy Guidelines:
The MAP policy shall work under the following guidelines:
- The MAP Policy is available and Published on our internal website for your review.
- The MAP policy applies to all advertisements of Outdoor Interiors products in any and all media, including, but not limited to, posters, flyers, mailers, coupons, newspapers, magazines, inserts, catalogs, mail order catalogs, email newsletters, email solicitations, Internet or similar electronic media, television, radio, and public signage. The MAP policy is not applicable to any in-store advertising that is displayed only in the store and not distributed to any customers.
- “Bundling” or the inclusion in advertising of free or discounted products (whether made by Outdoor Interiors or another manufacturer) with a product covered by the MAP policy would be contrary to the policy if it has the effect of discounting the covered product below the MAP.
- If pricing is displayed, any strike-through or other alteration of the Minimum Advertised Price is prohibited.
- Pricing listed on an internet site is considered an “advertised price” and must adhere to the MAP policy. Once the pricing is associated with an actual purchase (an internet order), the price becomes the selling price and is not bound by this MAP policy. Internet auctions may not display or have reserved bid or other acceptable prices below the MAP price.
- The MAP policy applies only to advertised prices and does not apply to the price at which the products are actually sold or offered for sale to an individual consumer within the dealer’s location, over the telephone, or through a “bid” process. Sellers of Outdoor Interiors remain free to sell these products at any prices they elect.
- The MAP policy does not establish maximum advertised prices. All Sellers may offer Outdoor Interiors products at any price in excess of the MAP established for such product.
- The MAP policy does not in any way limit the ability of any Seller to advertise that “they have the lowest prices”, they “will meet or beat any competitor’s price”, that users of the product should “call for a price”, or phrases of similar import as long as the price advertised or listed for the products is not less than the MAP.
- From time to time Outdoor Interiors may discontinue models or engage in promotions with respect to certain products or engage in the sale of “close out” products and/or clearance inventory. In such events, Outdoor Interiors reserves the right to modify or suspend the MAP policy with respect to the affected products by notifying Sellers of such change. Outdoor Interiors further reserves the right to unilaterally adjust the MAP with respect to all or certain products at its sole discretion.
- In the event a Seller chooses not to follow the MAP policy, sanctions may be unilaterally imposed by Outdoor Interiors in its sole discretion. Intentional and/or repeated failure to abide by this MAP policy may result in termination of business relationship, dealership or distributorship. Outdoor Interiors will not do business with Sellers who compromise the perceived value of Outdoor Interiors and its products.
Outdoor Interiors will not provide prior notice or issue warnings before taking action under this policy.
- Outdoor Interiors may monitor the advertised price of Sellers, either directly or via the use of third party agencies. Outdoor Interiors reserves the right, in its unilateral discretion, to take appropriate action with any Seller that violates the MAP policy. Outdoor Interiors will enforce the MAP policy in its sole discretion; therefore, no Seller has any right to rely on the continued existence of the MAP policy or any effort by Outdoor Interiors to enforce the MAP policy.
- Sellers are expected to provide reasonable cooperation in any Outdoor Interiors investigations regarding possible MAP Policy violations. Hindering, obstructing, delaying, or otherwise failing to cooperate with an Outdoor Interiors MAP Policy investigation is a violation of this MAP Policy.
- The policy administrator shall be solely responsible for determining whether a violation of the policy has occurred, communicating decisions to dealers, distributors or resellers regarding the policy and receiving any communication regarding sanctions imposed under this MAP policy. Outdoor Interiors SALES PERSONNEL OR OTHER EMPLOYEES HAVE NO AUTHORITY TO MODIFY OR GRANT EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY. Therefore, all questions or comments regarding this MAP policy are to be directed to Michelle Busse, Sales & Marketing Manager at Outdoor Interiors LLC., 21969 N. Pepper Road, Lake Barrington, IL 60010. Email us at BrandCompliance@OutdoorInteriors.com.
- This MAP policy has been unilaterally established by Outdoor Interiors to help ensure the legacy of Outdoor Interiors as a top producer of high quality patio furniture and outdoor décor products and to protect the reputation of its name and products/services. The MAP policy is also designed to ensure Sellers have the incentive to invest resources into services for Outdoor Interiors customers.
Outdoor Interiors reserves the right at any time to modify, suspend, or discontinue the MAP policy in whole or in part or designate promotional periods during which the terms of the policy change or designate periods of time during which the policy is not applicable. Policy modifications are at the sole discretion of Outdoor Interiors. Questions can be directed to BrandCompliance@outdoorinteriors.com.